An axiom is a principle widely accepted on the basis of its intrinsic merit or one regarded as self evidently true a statement that is axiomatic therefore is one against which few people would argue. Of relating to or resembling an axiom self evident its axiomatic in politics that voters wont throw out a presidential incumbent unless they think his challenger will clean house peter grier. After vietnam it was axiomatic that the press would approach those in power with a skepticism verging on cynicism. The root word of axiomatic axiom derives from the greek axioma meaning authority or that which is thought worthy or fit we use it to describe statements that have the authority of truth about them or that seem worthy of the truth or fit to be described as such
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.